The Shakespeare Oxford Fellowship is excited to announce the first annual Shakespeare Authorship Mystery Day, commemorating the initial publication of the First Folio on November 8, 1623. Shakespeare Authorship Mystery (SAM) Day is an annual opportunity for all authorship doubters — whether they support a particular candidate as the true Bard, or simply doubt the traditional Stratfordian theory of authorship — to amplify their voices and raise the visibility of the Shakespeare authorship question.
The SOF hopes the celebration will provide a platform for all groups and individuals studying the authorship question to promote their work and increase curiosity about the true authorship of Shakespeare’s plays and poems.
Some ways to celebrate SAM Day on November 8:
- Use the hashtag #ShakespeareAuthorshipMysteryDay
- Share your favorite Shakespeare authorship question books, videos, articles, etc. on your social media channels throughout the day
- Encourage your friends to sign the Declaration of Reasonable Doubt: https://doubtaboutwill.org/declaration
- Share the best evidence for your candidate
- Point to blogs and websites that provide more information
- Encourage students to ask their English literature and history teachers about the Shakespeare authorship question
- Read Shakespeare and toast the immortal Bard
I look forward to celebrating November 8 with you!
Tom Regnier, President
Shakespeare Oxford Fellowship